It is sober social week: Here is a list of all alcohol free fun activities to do in Cardiff

From playing games to going to pubs, you can always have fun even without booze

Monday 14th of November marks the start of Sober Social Week at Cardiff University where societies are encouraged to hold non-alcohol socials. Whether you do not consume alcohol at all, or you just like to have one cocktail and call it a night, there are so many fun activities in Cardiff you can do not just for this sober social week, but throughout the year too.

Mini Golf in St David’s

The ultimate freshers bonding experience. It’s fun, it’s competitive and you definitely don’t need a drink to make the most out of a night out playing mini golf. Plus, if you are a pro you can win a free round (of golfing) when scoring the last hole.

Escape Rooms:

What’s a better night out experience than being locked up in a scary room? Plus this one does not include sweaty bodies on the dance floor. You will be able to get to know your friends better, and will have lots of fun no matter the outcome.

Mocktails throughout Cardiff bars/pubs

If you don’t mind going to bars, you can definitely find some delicious mocktails in town. Some of the upmarket bars such as The Alchemist and Slug and Lettuce offer mocktails for around £5.  Other bars include activities other than drinking too. NQ64 have many arcades and games you can play whilst enjoying a strawberry mocktail.

Here’s what societies are up to this week

Many societies will be holding alcohol free socials this week, which include:

• A sober social week quiz in Y Plas hosted by the VP Welfare on the 14th November.
  • The Act One Drama Society will be making mocktails on the 16th November from 7pm in room 3G in Cardiff Uni’s SU. There will be a competition for the best tasking cocktail. Some of Act One’s other sober socials also include theatre trips to watch shows.
  • The feminists society will also be holding a sober social on the 17th November. They are having a games night from 8pm in room 3F in the SU. Soft drinks and snacks will be provided and  tickets for non-members will be £1 whereas current members can join for free.