Here’s everything you need to know about the vaccine roll-out in Wales

This follows the UK approving the Pfizer/BionTech Covid vaccine

The UK has become the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine, creating a path for mass vaccination.

The Welsh Government has recently confirmed their plans to roll out the vaccine in Wales.

Vaccines will need to be administered in two doses, and must be stored in ultra-low temperatures. The centres have already been decided by health boards and are in the process of being stood-up.

The Welsh Government has noted the first to receive the vaccine will be those aged 80 and over, more vulnerable people, and care home staff. Then dropping through age groups to from most to least vulnerable.

Stocks are expected to be delivered and rolled out next week, where health officials want “hundreds rather than thousands” vaccinated in the first few weeks.

Each health board in Wales gets a share, and mass vaccination centres will be set up across the country.

First Minister Mark Drakeford commented on the news: “Today’s news is a small glimmer of light at the end of what has been a long and dark tunnel.”

The Welsh Government has stressed that the effects of the vaccine may not be seen nationally for months, and the advice on keeping Wales safe remains the same for everyone.

“Whilst the first doses are given at fixed sites and occupational settings, and to protect our NHS and social care services, we must all continue to do our bit to prevent the spread of coronavirus.”