Breaking News

Armed police spotted raiding a house on Wyeverne Road

The officers were in an undercover police car

Armed police were seen raiding a house on Wyeverne Road in Cardiff this morning.

The officers, which were in plain-clothes and driving an undercover police car, began the raid at around 10.15am and students watched on from their houses as they stood with guns on the road.

According to a student in the area, the road was temporarily shut but is now open again.

A student living on Wyeverne Road told The Cardiff Tab: “I just heard loads of shouting and ‘get down on the floor’ quite a lot.”

Another person living on the street told The Cardiff Tab that as of 11AM, a recovery vehicle was taking away a car from outside the property. According to this individual, a man had previously been pulled out of that same vehicle.

He said: “All I saw was one man on the floor after he had been pulled out of the [car].”

He added that after he saw police “arresting” the man, the police tried to get into a house but were unable to and so went next door. “I think they were going to get in over the back,” the student said.

South Wales Police have been contacted for a comment.

Know something? Send tips to [email protected] or [email protected]