WATCH: Cardiff students see police taser man after city centre incident

He is believed to have been obstructing officers

Two students passing the city centre in a taxi last night witnessed a man being tasered in front of them as well as what seemed to be a police officer washing ‘pepper spray’ from his eyes.

The incident took place at around 9.50pm, after violence broke out in Cardiff city centre and multiple people were stabbed.

Two people have been arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and are currently being held in custody in Cardiff Bay.

A police spokeswoman has reportedly stated that a taser was used to detain on a man who was obstructing officers, but added that it’s not believed he was involved in the accident.

In the video, filmed by two second years, police appear to be restraining someone by holding them to the ground. They can then be seen tasering him. The students claimed to be able to hear the taser from inside the vehicle.

Later on in the video, a police officer can be seen to be struggling with “pepper spray” in his eyes, as he tries to wash it out.

Detective Superintendent Esyr Jones said: “This was a violent and completely unacceptable incident which has understandably caused alarm within the local community.

“This appears to have been an isolated incident involving local youths, all of whom can expect to find officers knocking at their doors as enquiries progress.”

A passer-by claimed that there were about “50 emergency service vehicles” on Queens Street at the time.