‘Who’s got the best tits’: Random man fills freshers Law chat with offensive comments

The perpetrator isn’t even a student at Cardiff Uni

A number of first-year Law group chats have recently been reported to Cardiff University following allegations of inappropriate and offensive language from members, one of whom isn’t even a student at Cardiff.

The members sending offensive messages, who The Tab will referring to as Charlie [pictured in red], Josh [pictured in blue] and and Matt [pictured in green], sent multiple messages discussing the bodies of female students in the chat, the rights of immigrants in the UK, and their superior financial status compared with other members.

In the chat, Josh and Charlie can be seen sending derogatory memes, while also discussing the bodies of the other female students in the chat.

Josh states that people earning under £50,000 a year are “likely poorly educated and therefore not worth being permitted the right right to speech!” In a similar classist vein, Charlie asks who is going out tonight, answering his own question with “Doubt any of you are because you have very little money unlike me”.

On an even darker note, Matt states that illegal immigrants should be deprived “of basic human needs, of [sic] they don’t wanna act like humans”.

They can also be seen using homophobic language on the group while talking to each other.

Their actions didn’t go unnoticed, however, with one student commenting: “Omg some of these comments.. genuinely baffles me that you have these views…are you ok?”

Another student replied: “I’m sat here baffled too. Who tfffff are we gonna be studying with”. But it turned out that at least one of these students wouldn’t be studying with them – in fact, they were not a student at all.

The Tab reached out to Josh and Charlie over WhatsApp to discuss why they felt it appropriate to make such comments in a very public setting. While Josh declined to comment when asked why the comments were made, Charlie responded that the comments are “Just a windup” and that he doesn’t “even go Cardiff lol”.

Charlie revealed that he has “No clue who they are” when asked if he knew the other perpetrators. He stated that his comments were “disgusting opinions that were bound to rile people up.”

“Suppose people will be disappointed to find out I don’t believe any of it”.

One Cardiff student in the chat, Olivia, told The Cardiff Tab: “it made me feel very sick, when I was looking at all the things he was saying”.

A Cardiff University spokesperson said: “We can confirm that we have received a complaint and we take the concerns very seriously. As the complaint is subject to our complaints procedure, it would be inappropriate to offer further comment.

“However, what we can say is that the types of behaviour alleged are totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated by the University. We have robust procedures in place for students to raise such complaints, for complaints to be thoroughly investigated and, if necessary, appropriate action taken.”