I’m a Celeb contestants rumoured to stay in the Celtic Manor Resort

It’s not quite Australia, but it could work

You heard that right, it is said that the ‘I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here’ contestants will stay in the Five-star Celtic Manor Resort.

Normally contestants and their families would stay in the luxurious Gold Coast’s Palazzo Versace, but since the show has been forced to relocate to Gwyrch Castle in North Wales, the producers have also had to find a new luxury hotel for them to stay at after being axed from the show.

One supposed major contender for the honour is the famous Celtic Manor Resort based in Newport. It may be at the opposite end of the country, but it has all the facilities needed to cater to famous faces.

Back in 2014, the manor welcomed the 44th president of the United States, Barack Obama. The venue accommodating the first president to have visited Wales proves this to be a prestigious choice for the I’m a Celeb’ producers.

I’m a Celeb’ will be live every night from the castle this Autumn. They’re set to have a medieval theme, including jousting, dungeons and even fake gallows. Don’t forget there’s the freezing waters of the nearby Irish Sea that could be put to use.

Richard Cowles, director of entertainment at ITV studios, said: ” The Australian jungle is such an integral part of the show it was a big challenge to find a UK location…But Gwyrch will definitely do that.”

An unexpected challenge potentially facing the contestants is that Gwyrch Castle is rumoured to be haunted. The ruins are said to be prowled by the spectre of its previous owner, the Countess of Dundonald. The floating woman is claimed to be angry that her husband stripped the castle of valuables.

If any contestants get scared, maybe we’ll see them sprinting towards Cathays…though they might quickly make a U-turn.

It hasn’t been confirmed as of yet, but let’s cross our fingers they pick the Celtic Manor because I’m sure we’d all love to see Carole Baskin in Cardiff chugging a VK.