Pencils at the ready: Here’s your final fix of the Cardiff quiz

It’s the final curtain on our Cardiff quizzes

Welcome to the final week of The Cardiff Tab’s Zoom quizzes. This week we have the easiest (if you religiously watch Gavin and Stacey like us) and the hardest rounds that we’ve had so far. If you’re still managing to do your own quizzes rather than getting down the pub, then we salute you.

If you need the rules again, here they are: first are all the questions, then all the answers, to avoid any ‘accidents’ for the person reading the questions. If you missed the other two weeks and are in need of more Cardiff-related fun then the links are at the end. Let’s get started…

Round One – Gavin and Stacey – Who said it? 

Of course, it wouldn’t be a quiz about Wales if we didn’t mention Gavin and Stacey. Hopefully this will give some of the less Cardiff-savvy amongst you a chance to redeem yourselves. So here we’ll give you a line, you’ll write down who said it (or try to).

1. “A kiss, a cuddle, a cheeky finger. Just don’t go selling the whole farm”
  2. “All I know is, I’m so ravenous I can barely see”
  3. “Not being funny, you need to get a life. What you said then was really boring”
  4. “For all you know he might be a paedophile”
  5. “I don’t miss walking through customs with a belly full of crack-filled condoms”
  6. “I only came down that first time so I could shag you again”
  7. “Chilli con carne in my pocket. Are you insane?”
  8. “How many Nurofen would I need to finish me off?”
  9. “Sling your hook you pervert or I’ll break your arm”
  10. “Oh forgive me if I’ve forgotten what romance looks like you pathetic lump of shit”

Round Two – Name the Street

Okay, I’m sorry but this might be the hardest one yet because, like, Uber exists so why would I ever need to memorise a street name? We’ve given you a picture and the name, you give us the street that these iconic Cardiff places are located on. I will not allow Google maps to be used but I do think Uber history should be allowed, it’s a tough one…

Number one: Locos – What street is this bar on?

Number Two: Revs – Any idea where this club is?

Number Three: The Live Lounge – Absolutely iconic night out, but could you name what street it’s on?

Number Four: The Motorpoint Arena – Must have seen some concerts here by now, any clue where it is?

Number Five: The Students Union- Probably pass it everyday, probably pass the street sign everyday, but what does it say?

Number Six: Talybont South – The Dominoes driver definitely knows the street name for this after my first year, but do you?

If you can’t identify if by the poor water quality than what can you identify it by?

Number Seven: The Woodville

Number Eight: Blackwell’s Bookshop – Please ignore the silly fresher

Number Nine: PRYZM – could you give directions to Quids if you needed to?

Number Ten: The Alchemist/Greggs (lots of banging places on this street tbh)

Answers – Round One – Gavin and Stacey – Who said it?

We really hope there’s no Gavin and Stacey virgins amongst you or you’d really be struggling this week (but really, it’s your own fault, you live in Wales). Let’s see who said these iconic lines:

1. ” A kiss, a cuddle, a cheeky finger. Just don’t go selling the whole farm” Doris
  2. “All I know is, I’m so ravenous I can barely see” Smithy
  3. “Not being funny, you need to get a life. What you said then was really boring” Pam
  4. “For all you know he might be a paedophile” Gwen
  5. “I don’t miss walking through customs with a belly full of crack-filled condoms” Nessa
  6. “I only came down that first time so I could shag you again” Gavin
  7. “Chilli con carne in my pocket. Are you insane?” Mick
  8. “How many Nurofen would I need to finish me off?” Smithy
  9. “Sling your hook you pervert or I’ll break your arm” Nessa
  10. “Oh forgive me if I’ve forgotten what romance looks like you pathetic lump of shit” Dawn

Answers – Round Two – Name the Street

This round was a tough one, so feel proud if you got 5+.

1. Locos – Miskin Street
  2. Revolution – Castle Street
  3. The Live Lounge – The Friary
  4. The Motorpoint Arena – Mary Ann Street
  5. The Student Union – Park Place
  6. Taly South – Trotman Dickinson Place (tbh I only knew this from directing the Uber eats guy)
  7. The Woodville – Woodville Road (I mean if you didn’t get this, get it together)
  8. Blackwell’s Bookshop – Senghennyd Road (One point for getting it right, one point for spelling it right)
  9. PRYZM – Greyfriars Road
  10. The Alchemist – St Mary Street

If you’ve been following the recommended mark system then it should be out of 21. (If you wanna see the overall winner over three weeks then it’s out of 67).

And there we have it folks. Your weekly Cardiff quizzes have come to an end. I hope they didn’t make you miss the ‘Diff too much. If you missed the last few rounds, they’re linked below!