Here’s your second weekly Zoom Cardiff quiz fix to play with your mates

let’s get quizzical

Welcome to the second week of ‘Diff quizze where we give you two rounds of Cardiff related quiz questions so that you can spice up your weekly Zoom quiz. Let’s be honest, we’re all running out of questions at this point. If you missed the first week, don’t panic, you can find the first two rounds here.

Again, the rules are really easy. First are the questions, and then the answers are at the bottom to avoid the person reading the questions accidentally seeing the answers (we’ve all got that one friend who finds a way to cheat at every game). Let’s dive in…

Round One – Welsh Trivia

The first round is all about Wales. Of course, if you are Welsh then you have a slight advantage so I’ve added some hints for the non-welsh to have a better chance.

1. What colours are in the Welsh Flag? (If you don’t get this one then I think you should probably be banned from Wales)
  2. What is the Welsh name for St David? Hint: think shopping centre
  3. Name the Welsh national flower?
  4. What is the highest mountain in Wales called? Hint: it’s in one of the Welsh national parks, and has a very similar name to it.
  5. What is the name of the River that flows through Cardiff? Hint: think SU pub.
  6. What is the name of the rugby stadium in Cardiff?
  7. How many national parks are there in Wales? (Extra points for naming them)
  8. What Welsh comedian is known for his stand up shows such as ‘The cat that looked like Nicholas Lyndhurst’? Hint: He also has a show on the BBC called ‘Work Experience’
  9.  What is the second most populated city in Wales?
  10. In what year did Cardiff become a capital city? (allow + or -10 years)

Round Two – Landmarks of Cardiff

Being a first year student, I really didn’t know there were this many places to see in Cardiff. Other than Taly, Maccies and the clubs, I haven’t ventured out much. Let’s see how well you can name the Cardiff landmarks that we all know and love. Turn on share screen for this one quiz masters, it’s a picture round.

Number One – Hint: you’ll often see this on first years stories with an ‘inspirational quote’.

Number Two: Name the street

Number Three: Name this iconic pub

Number Four: Where are we standing?

please excuse us ruining the view

Number Five: Where would you find this lighthouse?

Image may contain: Lighthouse, Beacon, Clock Tower, Tower, Architecture, Building

Number Six: Where would you find this glorious piece of artwork?

Image may contain: Jeans, Denim, Apparel, Clothing, Pants, Building, Shelter, Nature, Countryside, Rural, Outdoors, Human, Person

Number Seven: Where did you used to be able to find this sign?

Image may contain: Word, Text, Alphabet

Number Eight: Name this other iconic pub.

Number Nine: Come on, you must know this one. 

Number Ten: Can you name the location of this building?

Answers: Round One – Welsh Trivia

So how did you do? I think some of these questions are knowledge that we’re all just born with but hey, I’m not judging…

1. What colours are in the Welsh Flag? Red, White and Green (If you didn’t get this do you even live in Cardiff?)
  2. What is the Welsh name for St David? Dewi Saint
  3. What is Welsh national flower? Daffodil 
  4. What is the highest mountain in Wales called? Mount Snowden
  5. What is the name of the River that flows through Cardiff? The River Taf
  6. What is the name of the rugby stadium in Cardiff? The Principality Stadium
  7. How many national parks are there in Wales? (Extra point for each one you can name) There are 3; Snowdonia, Pembrokeshire coast and the Brecon Beacons
  8. What Welsh comedian is known for his stand up shows such as ‘The cat that looked like Nicholas Lyndhurst’? Rhod Gilbert
  9.  What is the second most populated city in Wales? Swansea
  10. In what year did Cardiff become a capital city? 1955

Answers: Round Two – Landmarks of Cardiff

So you think you know Cardiff? Let’s find out how well you really know these Cardiff Landmarks:

1. The River Taff
  2. St. Mary’s Street
  3. Woodville
  4. Principality Stadium
  5. Roath Park
  6. Barry Island
  7. Buffalo Bar
  8. The Blackweir
  9. Taly-bont: Extra Point if you put South too!
  10. Swansea

Come back next week for the final two rounds (sad, I know).