Breaking News

Cardiff Uni ‘hopeful’ that students can return in September

The VC announced in a message to staff

On Thursday 21st May, the Vice-Chancellor of Cardiff University, Colin Riordan, published a message to staff announcing that their new Taskforce and sub-groups are “working hard on how to accommodate students safely on campus and in our residences from September”.

In a very brief part of the statement, he outlines that they are “hopeful” that students will be able to return to both campus and residences for the next academic year. However, he highlights that this is only if it “proves possible”.

Though students have complained of a lack of clarity regarding the university’s plans amidst the Coronavirus pandemic, this statement suggests that work is being done to figure out how students may be allowed to return in September.

He finally noted that “as proposals firm up I will keep you informed about progress.”

This is an incredibly unprecedented time, and students are eager to find out what exactly will happen in September, especially after Cambridge University announced their plans for no face-to-face lectures in the next academic year.

It is unclear when more information will be made available to students about their return in the coming months, though this indication can give them some insight to what may come.

Know something? Get in touch via email: [email protected]