A student has made a petition for history exams to be rescheduled

Is he our knight in shining armour?

Cardiff University history student, Jack Guy, has created a petition to reschedule history exams.

This comes as the School of History, Archaeology and Religion (SHARE) announced on 22nd April that there will be exams very close to the 12th May dissertation deadline.

As a result, many students have exams scheduled for the same day as the submission deadline for their dissertations.

Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the university extended the dissertation deadline, but the petition claims that the exam scheduling “makes the extension essentially meaningless”.

Many students expressed concern when hearing the news, particularly the number third-year students who have discovered that they have exams scheduled the same day as their dissertation deadline.

The petition is calling for the university to consider rescheduling the exams so that students will be able to achieve the grades they deserve.

After being posted on Overheard at Cardiff University, the petition has gained over 140 signatures in a matter of hours.

You can find the petition here.