Image may contain: Speech, Stage, Audience, Crowd, Human, Person

You can question the Vice-chancellor about the strikes next week

Cardiff SU is hosting a Q&A meeting to discuss the effects of strikes on students

As most of us are now aware Cardiff University, along with multiple other UK universities, is facing more Industrial Action. To ensure students are fully aware of what will be happening during the strikes, the Students' Union is hosting a Q&A meeting with Professor Colin Riordan, Vice-Chancellor of Cardiff University.

Image may contain: Clothing, Apparel, Sitting, Audience, Crowd, Human, Person

Students voted to support the strike action at this year's AGM

The Students' Union is keen to support all staff and students through the upcoming Industrial Action, this has resulted in the organisation of this Q&A session. The Students' Union was mandated to support the strike action at this year's AGM.

The event will be held in the Great Hall on the first floor of the Students' Union, on Wednesday the 19th of February 2020 from 12:00-13:00.

The session will take the form of a short presentation from the Vice-Chancellor, then followed by updates from a senior member of staff from each of the three Colleges (Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Biological, Life Sciences and Physical Science and Engineering) about the potential impact the strikes may have on each college.

University Registry will also provide information regarding the Complaints Procedure that is to be used in the case of Industrial Action. Finally, it will be followed by the opportunity to ask questions. Your questions can also be sent in advance when you register to attend.

They advise for as many people to come along as it will be a great opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have, and to learn more about the procedures in place during the period.

You can book your place here.

The event will be recorded for those who cannot attend. Regular updates will be posted on the Students' Union social media pages. Additionally, if you cannot attend and would like to submit a question in advance, the Students' Union asks to please email them to Orla, VP Societies and Volunteering, on [email protected] and they will be answered during the event.