Image may contain: Deli, Home Decor, Shop, Door, Postal Office, Food, Meal, Automobile, Vehicle, Transportation, Car

Cardiff’s Victoria Fish Bar is opening on Christmas Day to feed the homeless

They aim to help the elderly and homeless

Between 12-3pm on Christmas Day, Victoria Fish Bar in Cardiff will open their doors to offer free meals to the homeless, elderly and vulnerable.

Victoria Fish Bar shared a post on Facebook saying "homelessness has been on a rise in Cardiff" and they wanted to do something to help. They said "we think we need to make a difference as influential members of this community".

The ‘A’ team at Victoria Fish Bar in Whitchurch have decided to be open on Christmas day, this however will not be for…

Posted by Victoria fish bar on Saturday, December 14, 2019

Their generous initiative has sparked a positive reaction on Facebook, with 15,000 reactions and 14,000 shares, and several people have praised the establishment for its "kind and thoughtful" actions.

Victoria Fish Bar which is located on Old Church Road in Whitchurch, stated that its staff realise that "not everybody has the luxury to have a nice warm meal at a loved one's house with family and friends."

Homelessness is a huge problem in Cardiff, t was reported in August that more than 4,000 people had contacted the city's council for help with homelessness between June 2018 and May 2019.

A spokesperson for 'Shelter Cymru' has said that the number of people struggling with housing issues in the city was "appalling".

The staff are calling "to those who are homeless, elderly or vulnerable, come and join us and we can experience this great time together."

There are also many other ways you can help the homeless in Cardiff this Christmas.