Image may contain: Night Life, Party, Disco, Night Club, Club, Human, Person

The Depot in Cardiff will be moving to a bigger site next month

New year, new depot?

One of Cardiff's most popular venues is moving to a new, bigger home next month.

It will invest £300,000 into relocating to a new City Centre premises. The Depot will leave its current location on Dumballs Road, and then reopen at a new 22,000 square feet venue on Williams Way, Curran Embankment on Friday, January 31st.

The move will create 10 new jobs, growing the current Depot team which says it will allow the venue to put on more live music and entertainment events.

Bingo Lingo is an extremely popular Depot event

Students from all over Cardiff head to Depot

The Depot started life as a pop-up street food venue after being granted a temporary three-month licence in 2014.

Does the bigger venue not sound exciting enough? The new site will also include five permanent street food kitchens based inside 20ft shipping containers, as well as an outdoor garden and a giant screen for cinema pop-ups, sports and much more.

After its first success, owner Nicholas Saunders gained planning permission for the site to stay open a further four years. Since then, the warehouse has been used for a wide variety of events including food and drink festivals, street food events, vintage fairs, weddings, Bingo Lingo and many more themed nights.