‘Chris draws for therapy’: A talented artist’s stall you have to visit at this year’s Christmas Market

You will be in awe of the drawings

Among the many great stalls at this year's Cardiff Christmas Markets, C.J.B. art is one stall you will definitely want to check out.

Stu, who runs the stall, sells pencil drawings that are made by his son, Chris, who draws as a therapy for his autism. The drawings are incredibly detailed.

Chris' mum, Sam, told The Cardiff Tab:

"Chris was diagnosed [with autism] at the age of 7. We noticed very early on that Chris was different to his brothers.

Chris draws for therapy so everything he draws has an emotional attachment. He can put pencil to paper after being moved by a TV episode or a movie at the cinema”.

Chris' incredible talent was discovered in 2011, when his parents decided to take him out of the secondary school environment. Imagine the look on his parents’ faces when he walked into the living room with a super life-like portrait of Will Smith!

Chris draws unbelievably detailed pencil drawings of famous people and characters. Who and what he draws ranges from Elvis to Darth Vader, which takes him between eight and forty hours to complete!

Although Chris has never drawn anyone his parents have suggested (do any of us ever take our parents’ advice), he does take commission requests.

He’s been lucky enough to meet several of the famous icons he’s drawn, including Benedict Cumberbatch and David Walliams. His parents, Sam and Stu, have also featured on Good Morning Britain.

Chris’ latest initiative is drawing in 'negative', meaning the positive image can only be viewed through digital devices. This inspired his upcoming exhibition: 'Every negative has a positive'.

His mum also told us: “He is drawing people in the public eye who have overcome various hurdles and achieved. Each portrait is being drawn in negative and the attendees will be able to use their digital device to then unlock the positive image”.

Support Chris by heading down to the C.J.B. art stall this Christmas and check out his insane portraits!