Image may contain: People, Text, Crowd, Parade, Protest, Human, Person
Breaking News

Cardiff Uni calls back exchange students from Hong Kong amid safety concerns

A number of UK Universities are doing the same

Cardiff University has contacted exchange students studying in Hong Kong encouraging them to return to the UK.

Some Hong Kong universities have suspended their operations due to the developing situation in the region.

Many of the top universities there are being occupied by protestors, with state media warning protestors: "You are on the edge of doom".

Cardiff joins a growing list of UK universities calling students back including Warwick, Nottingham, Aberdeen, Southampton, Sheffield and Edinburgh.

Warwick Uni told students they were concerned for their "personal safety" after seeing "first hand feedback and media coverage".

A Cardiff University spokesperson said:

“Many universities in Hong Kong have suspended their operations due to the developing situation there.

“Like other UK universities we are proactively contacting our students in Hong Kong and offering them the opportunity to return to the UK.”

If you're a Cardiff Uni student who's been studying in Hong Kong, please DM us on Facebook or Instagram, or email us at [email protected]

Featured image via: Ben David Godson