Image may contain: Face, Night Club, Club, Person, Human, Party

This is what the SU have to say about Cardiff Met and USW going to Y Plas

Someone hold back the Cardiff Uni students

Y Plas is the heart of Cardiff University and it's one of the many reasons people choose Cardiff uni. Many UK universities don't invest half as much of their time in an SU as students do here in Cardiff.

What Cardiff uni students aren't very grateful of is the presence of other Universities in the capital who swarm to the SU as well. Angry Cardiff uni students have taken to 'Cardiff Confessions' to express their thoughts.

Image may contain: Text

Some believe the SU should be for Cardiff uni students only

Image may contain: Word, Text

Others are angry at the earlier time of entry

Image may contain: Face, Text

Others expressed they couldn't get in at all

A first year told The Cardiff Tab: "Last night my friends and I tried to go in and the bouncers were so rude."

Additionally, a second year said: "For netball socials this year, we leave pres at 9, maybe even before that… and we arrive at like 9:10 and the queue is as far back as the Sherman."

With so many frustrated Cardiff uni students, The Cardiff Tab reached out to Cardiff University's Students' Union for comment.

A spokesperson said:

“Whilst many Students’ Unions across the UK are seeing a reduction in their night time activity, we are pleased that we have been able to grow our events programme and are seeing more students attending on a weekly basis than ever before.

Whilst we are pleased our events are becoming increasingly popular, we know that for some students this means having to queue to gain entry. We are limited with the space we have available and we are continually looking at ways to match this incredible demand.

In response to increasing popularity, we developed the first floor space over the summer and this has increased overall capacity, allowing an extra 700 students per night compared to last year.

We are proud to be part of a vibrant student city with three Universities making a vital contribution to city life at Cardiff. On average less than 10% of attendees per week are guests of Cardiff University students. Our entrance and guest policy reflects our commitment to student life and Cardiff University students are allowed to bring a guest to our events.

The Students’ Union will continue to listen to feedback to improve what we do and we know for many of you these nights are central to your student experience…"