Cardiff vegan hotspot Milgi is closing down next week

It was announced yesterday that the City Road favourite will be closing its doors

Cardiff restuarant Milgi have announced they will be closing down next Sunday the 14th of April.

Milgi is a vegan favourite located on City Road and is an Instagram worthy hotspot for Cardiff foodies.

In their official statement Milgi did not offer a reason for the closure but said it was a "difficult decision to make" after "13 years of successful trading at 213 City Road."

The restaurant have not spoken of a new location, but said the Milgi brand will be at festivals during the Summer and work is set to begin on a cookbook in the Autumn.

View this post on Instagram

Dear customers, suppliers, friends old and new, we have some news – after 13 years of successful trading at 213 City Road, the time has come to move onto pastures new. Milgi’s last day of trade at this address will be Sunday 14th April. What a journey it has been! We have enjoyed every moment and, this has been a difficult decision to make. We won’t have four walls that we can call home but, we will have the same ambition, ethos and appetite to bring plant based food to everyone. So, what’s next? This summer we will be on the road – find us in festival fields and events around the country. Come Autumn we will be investing our time into producing a cookbook, something we have always wanted to do but, never found the time. We would like to thank all of you for supporting us over the years. We truly appreciate the community we have nurtured and Milgi is as much yours as it is ours. Namaste Gaby & Bec . . . . . #milgi #cityroad #roath #cdf

A post shared by M I L G I (@milgicardiff) on

Offering plant based cocktails and food, Milgi was popular with vegans and non vegans alike. The yurt in the back is a great spot that will also be sorely missed.

I know where I'll be heading for drinks this week.

Feature image credit: @Milgicardiff