Image may contain: Guitar, Music Band, Musician, Musical Instrument, Leisure Activities, Person, Human

Here are the festive things you can do if you’re staying in Cardiff this Christmas

Need a distraction? We’ve got you covered

Whilst most students flock home and the streets of Cathays grow quiet for the holidays, there are many students who can't for numerous reasons. With this in mind, we've found every festive thing you can do in Cardiff in between assignments and Netflix binges.

Winter Wonderland

When: Thursday 15th November – Sunday 6th January

Winter Wonderland offers a variety of activities to keep the blood warm and the heart happy.

Sur La Piste is a bar where you can relax with a mulled wine or cider and grab a bratwurst from the food stalls. The Admiral ice rink allows students to skate for £8-9 from 11am – 9pm. But if you are looking for a thrill or a straight-up heart attack, you can be raised, titled and dropped 265ft from the the Tower for £6.

Image may contain: Outdoors, Indoors, Girl, Woman, Pants, Photography, Photo, Portrait, Jacket, Coat, Building, Lighting, Female, Smile, Face, Person, Human, Apparel, Clothing

Cardiff Christmas Market

When: Thursday 15th November – Sunday 23rd December

If you love free cheese samples and an endless supply of mulled wine and cider stalls, then you need to know that the Christmas market is only in Cardiff for one more week!

Image may contain: Clothing, Apparel, People, Soda, Coke, Drink, Beverage, Coca, Person, Human

Cardiff Castle

It should be on every Cardiff student's bucket list to visit the castle at least once before they complete their degree. But the absolute best time to visit the castle and be engulfed in its history is when its decked out in all the Chrimbo dressings. Tickets start from £11.30 if you haven't grabbed yourself a Castle Key Card yet.

Shopping at the City of Arcades

Cardiff is home to several Victorian and Edwardian arcades filled with priceless independents that have every stocking filler you didn't realise you needed. With over a hundred stores riddled with quaint coffee houses in between, the arcades are perfect for a day of aimless wandering.

Image may contain: Indoors, Urban, Building, Town, Metropolis, City, Floor, Handrail, Banister, Lighting, Flooring, Person, Human, Corridor

The Nutcracker at St. David

When: Friday 21st – Tuesday 24th December

For those of you who love a bit of contemporary theatre, you have the chance to watch a Christmas classic unfold on the stage of St. David from The Russian State Ballet and Orchestra of Siberia.

Christmas Lunch at Cardiff Chaplaincy

When: Monday 25th December at 1pm

Cardiff Chaplaincy are welcoming everyone to join them for Christmas lunch. If you would like a wonderful feast, email [email protected] to request a place.

Student Support and Well-Being Opening Hours

If you find yourself struggling over the festive season, the team at Cardiff Student Support and Well-Being on 50 Park Place will be available until Monday 24 December, and will reopen on Wednesday 4th January.