Image may contain: Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora

This is everything you need on your basic bitch Insta before you leave Cardiff

We’re all a little bit basic guys

We're all guilty of spamming our Insta with endless pics of picturesque uni buildings and the campus looking beaut on summer days- or in the snow. If you do these things, you deffo have a basic bitch Insta- but is it Cardiff basic bitch worthy?

Here is a definitive list of classic must haves to post on your Insta before your time at Cardiff Uni is up. Do you fit the bill?

A classic photo of your new uni house

This legit happens every year. Featuring the unnecessary house plant, fairy lights and a mandala wall tapestry.

Pen y Fan

You might not be a fan of that hill but at least you can prove that you sometimes venture outside, with that obligatory top of the mountain pic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhlOMUJB-wq

The rugby

This one is a necessity. Do you even go to Cardiff if you haven't been to Principality or at least to the pub all day watching the Six Nations. A rugby pic shows you're fully immersed in Welsh culture. England's so boring.

Bute Park

I think everyone has taken this picture- #nofilter

The Bay- a.k.a Bae

You need that classic picture of the Millennium Centre- even if you just walked past it.

It not only shows you can venture out of Cathays, but it also makes you seem cultured – it's the national home of performing arts didn't you know. Plus, having a Nandos on the waterfront is far classier than eating one in St David's.

The Castle

Yeah that's right we have a castle, does your uni have a castle? Also Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made an appearance there in Jan, so that makes it extra special.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcmxwrODp1-

Live lounge

This one's usually captioned 'messy night last night lads ?'.

Make sure you grab that photographer early in the night or you'll end up looking worse for wear. But you probs won't want a pic when you're singing your heart out to Mr Brightside.

Roath Park

So instead of doing work, Cardiff students tend to go to parks a lot, especially if it's sunny. We don't care, it's 12 degrees and we're getting our shorts on and having a picnic. This lake was filmed on Tracy Beaker you know.

Main Building – in the sun

Well you wouldn't want to show off John Percival now would you .

The other side of Main Building

You've got to cover all those sides if you want those likes.

The Museum

This goes for any of the older buildings; Glamorgan, Bute, they've all got that exterior that rakes in the likes on Insta.

Look mum I'm spending my Saturday at the Museum, are you proud?

The Library

Caption- 'I've been here for seven hours'. Just showing ma Insta followers how studious I am x

Alexandra Gardens

Perfect whatever the weather, snap a pic on your walk to the Glamorgan building.

Revision

As with the library pics, if you're taking an Insta of your revision, it isn't really going well is it? At least your desk looks aesthetic tho…

Cathays

Whether it's a black and white picture of a seagull on your car, or just the sun setting over the Woodville, you have a to have a picture of Cathays on your 'gram.

Cardiff in the snow

Gotta show your seasonal versatility in those Instas guys.

The Lash

VK in hand, on that SU dance floor.

Christmas Decorations

Deer oh deer, this best be on your Insta.

Winter Wonderland

It isn't Christmas in Cardiff if you haven't been on that ferris wheel or even attempted to ice skate.

This Corridor

It's in Sherlock guys, we're practically famous.

Varsity

The competition is real. There's no other social media spam like Varsity spam.

St Mary Street

Welsh flags galore- it's the epitome of The Diff.

Barry

Chips and curry down Barry beach? Tidy. Call me Stacey.

If you haven't made that 25 min trip to Barry then you haven't lived. It's worth it, just so you can stand in the exact same place as Nessa and Smithy.

Bae in the sun

Cos everyone deserves a view like this.

The Arcades

Gonna shop away my worries and my student loan in the cute independent shops and cafes.

Glamorgan Building

The statues are actually pretty impressive for a building that has a wooden revolving door…

Dissertation hand in and graduation insta yet to come. Both captioned- 'Uni? Completed it mate'.

Those two should finish off the collection nicely.