Image may contain: Clock Tower, Bell Tower, Worship, Church, Cathedral, Steeple, Spire, Tower, Dome, Architecture

Cardiff University crowned Welsh University of the Year 2018

Better luck next time Swansea

Cardiff University has officially been recognised as the Welsh University of the Year 2018 by The Times and The Sunday Times' Good University Guide 2018.

Having climbed over 11 places from last year's rankings we have secured our spot once more as Wales' top institution. Clearly Swansea's desperate attempts at stealing our titles over technicalities didn't pull through for them this time.

Cardiff University were also named University of the Year at the Business and Education Partnerships Awards 2017. This was one of the four titles we won (every one they were nominated for at the awards).

Vice-Chancellor Professor Colin Riordan said: “It’s extremely pleasing to have achieved a rise of 11 places in this year’s Good University Guide.

“As a University we want to be a credit to Wales and key to the economic and social success of the nation which is why it is pleasing we’ve been named Welsh University of the Year”

Looks like we're not just a good sesh after all?