Cardiff University has its own meal deal society and it’s the best thing ever

Finally, a society I can get behind

When you first get to Uni you're told there's a society to suit everyone's interests. And they're not wrong. The Cardiff University Meal Deal Society was founded a month and a half ago, and I honestly don't know why no one thought to do this sooner.

Their Facebook group has over 500 members and is a place for Cardiff University students to gather together and share their meal deal creations. They recently hosted a competition for members to post the worst meal deal possible, and there was a bevvy prize for the winner.

Image may contain: Supermarket, Market, Shop, Person, People, Human

Curtis James, the man behind the meal deals spoke to The Tab Cardiff: "I started the society because first and foremost I love a good meal deal, and I felt it was something that people could universally connect on".

He added, "We wanna have more socials and stuff to get people involved in real life, which would obviously be a lot easier by becoming an official University society.

"As the group grows it’s something that is gonna have to be considered at some point, because never in my life did I envision this would have over 500 members in a month and a half".

If the Meal Deal society is up your street or down your aisle (which it obviously is) join here and keep your eye out for more competitions.

The Tab Cardiff

last seen today at 11:41

Get breaking Cardiff news straight to your WhatsApp

Find out everything going down in Cathays, who’s looking fire in Glam, and all the best Swansea trash talk. Straight into your DMs. 😘