Your ultimate guide to places in Cardiff you’ve got to visit if you wanna see a doggo

Eat, drink, and pet puppies.

Everyone loves dogs, perhaps equally as much as they love a few bevs and some pub grub. When you combine the two it's possibly the closest you get to a visit home. So if you're looking for a snack and also happen to need your daily dose of doggo, then save the money on a train ticket home and head over one of these establishments, as these are the places in Cardiff you can spot a puppy AND stuff your face at the same time. Is there anything better?

The Flora

As a student you're bound to end up at the Flora more than once this year. But there's no need to even feel guilty about it, because dogs are welcome in the beer garden, so you can pretend you're getting bevved with the pretence of really missing your dog.

Post Sunday walk drinks with Monty @thefloracardiff #theflora #cardiff #cardiff #sundays #summer #dogsofcardiff #dogsofinstagram #labsofinsta #dachshund

A post shared by Millie (@millie_the_cardiff_labrador) on

Pen & Wig

Pen & Wig is located in Cathays, so you don't even need to stray far to see a puppy. It's a traditional pub, which also serves food until 10pm, and you know it's a banger when it serves a Sunday roast. This is an ideal spot for sitting and soaking up the sun, and the pet friendly beer garden is the perfect place to pet a pooch.

Just met Leo the super furry Shar Pei in the pub and we're in love. We've decided to be together 💛💛💛💛💛

A post shared by Rhiannon Shackson ૐ (@beelzeblub_) on

BrewDog

As the name suggests, this pub serves craft beer and welcomes puppies with open arms. Possibly a bit if a trek, as it's located opposite the stadium, however, if you venture out you won't be disappointed by the rustic aesthetic and vast burgers and dogs (haha) menu.

We had a visit from Vee today, she even gave us a smile. 😊 #dogsofinstgram #brewdog #brewdogcardiff #dogsofig

A post shared by BrewDog Cardiff (@brewdogcardiff) on

Roath Park Pub

Roath Park is already literally the best place in Cardiff for a dog sighting. There will be about twenty dogs within your sights at any one time. So to be able to sit down and have a cold one with the lads, soak up the sun and be able to be on doggo lookout? It's all too much. And as a bonus, you can stick your generic Roath Park filter on your snapchat story.

☀️

A post shared by D A N I E L L E ❥ (@daniielle__x) on

The Crwys

As you might've guessed, The Crwys is located on Crwys road, meaning once again you don't need to expend a lot of effort to be rewarded with petting a pup. The relatively cheap menu and wide selection of bevs means it's a must for students. And, just look at this pupper enjoying a pint. Lad.

After work pint with Bea #cardiff #pub #sun #dog #goldendoodle #dogsofinstagram

A post shared by Johanna Jones (@blakejones77) on

Brava

Any place with a menu that features American Pancakes, bacon and maple syrup doesn't take much convincing. So potentially seeing puppy is just a bonus at this point. And why would you want to miss out on a potential pug spotting?

9 years old and teaching the big boy to sit….fast learner! #pug #puglife #clever

A post shared by Robin Sowden-Taylor (@rob_s_taylor) on

The Cricketers

Located on Cathedral road, The Cricketers is another pub with a beer garden. The drinks menu boasts Welsh real ales, as well as as lagers, wines and soft drinks. A bev for just about any mood. And as an added bonus, there's a separate lunch and evening menu, as well as the staple Sunday roast. Only puppies can make this better.

baby

A post shared by hannah rhianne newberry (@hanxnewbs) on

Cayo Arms

Cayo Arms is a blessing in that it lets dogs inside the pub (permitting they are kept on a lead). Also, it's located on Cathedral road, so not even too much of a trek from uni. They also advise which beers go well with which foods. Fancy.

My #1

A post shared by Charley Taylor (@charleytaylor) on

The Lansdowne

Another pub which blesses us with letting dogs inside, and even keeps treats for well behaved puppies behind the bar. Perfect for your Sunday roast and a quick board-game or two.

Doggy day care N E L #dogsofinstagram #jrtx #instadog

A post shared by sion_jones (@sion_jones) on

The Black Lion

Well behaved dogs are welcome here, so any dogs you encounter are bound to have impeccable manners. It's a bit further out depending on your campus, but honestly isn't it worth it to see a puppy on his best behaviour?

So, whether you're looking to get seriously beved, or just want a burger in the company of a doggo, these are the places for you. Now get out there and pet some puppies, because, priorities.

Cardiff University