Your nightlife guide to Cardiff Freshers’ 2017

You’ll thank me later

It's Freshers', you're in Cardiff which really only means one thing: you are going out.

Luckily enough this fine city can boast that it is one of the best places to go out all year round. Which just means that Freshers' in Cardiff is lit af.

I can't promise you'll be lifted like a prince wherever you go

So where are you gonna go out? Here's a guide on whats going on and where.

Cardiff University Student's Union

I'd bring swimming trunks

I'd bring swimming trunks

The Student's Union as said on your open day visit is one of the best in the country. Part of the reason is it's club nights, as through the year YOLO on a Wednesday and Juice on a Saturday will become part of your regular routine. But for Freshers' week there will be a club night on each day of the week starting from the 21st. Highlights will include: UV paint party on Friday the 22nd, a Foam party on the 23rd, Krispy Kreme night on the following Monday and the Full Moon party on Friday the 29th. Plus Wednesday night's YOLO will be relaunched with guest DJs – Radio 1's Scott Mills and Chris Stark.

You can buy your tickets here.

Pryzm

It's a place for sweet sweet moves

It's a place for sweet sweet moves

Arguably the biggest club in Cardiff and located at the top of Cardiff's club scene – Greyfriars Road, we can assure you that many a night this year will be spent in Pryzm in either the Disco, R&B, or House room.

This Freshers' Pryzm is launching it's new night of Quid's in, entry and drinks (including VKs) are £1 every Monday, as well as Smack on the Friday. Redlight will be playing here on the 29th, which will be one of the biggest events.

Paper will also be hosting a street party fiesta on Tuesday the 28th on Greyfriars Road.

Tickets can be bought here.

Glam

Under new ownership this year, Glam is open every day for Freshers' week. Highlights include a pizza night with free pizza giveaways on Sunday the 24th, the launch of Glam's new Friday night 'Turn Up' on Friday 29th, and 'The Fest' every Monday which includes £1 Jaeger bombs.

For more information click here.

Revs

If you were in any doubt as to what they serve here

Arguably the only place to be on a Tuesday night, Revolutions is located opposite Cardiff Castle which is pretty handy. With a menu dedicated to different flavoured vodka, and two separate rooms for R&B and house it will be on the tip of your tongue come nine am Tuesday morning throughout the year.

On Tuesday the 19th, Revs Tuesdays will return, where you can be assured the vodka will be flowing. On the following Sunday, an OAP night will be on, so bring out your chinos, polo tops and comfy shoes. It'll probably be the only time in revs you aren't dressed to the nines. On the 26th Cirque is back, so expect to be covered in glitter, loud shirts and masks.

Tickets are available here.

Clwb Ifor Bach

Aka Welsh Club, Clwb is on the legendary Cardiff music street of Womanby Street. Almost every Welsh act you've ever heard has played on this street. Bump and Grind, is now also located in this spot, having moved from Buffalo, meaning you will be able to get down Drake, Rihanna and any R&B artist on a Monday night of your choosing. Just don't pull a muscle when you're showing off those moves.

As well as this Clwb is host to Propaganda, a night dedicated to Indie, rock and punk. Tickets to the 'Welcome Party' can be found here.

Let's just say I bet you look good on the dance floor.

Walkabout

Because the only thing better than alcohol is carbs

Although everyone would like a bit of Australian summer this Fresher's, Walkabout is probably the closest thing to it. It's towards the station on St Mary's Street for the Cardiff newbies out there. Luckily though, if you did get a red swim suit and wanted to wear it one last time, Walkabout is hosting a Baywatch night. The club does often get big name acts like the Chuckle Brothers and Basehunter. They will also be bringing back the old school with nineties themed nights, unfortunately I don't think that Will Smith or Pamela Anderson will feature this Freshers' but never say never.

For more information click here.

Hangover shmangover.