Cardiff Medics Rugby are cycling from Bangor to Cardiff to raise money for Sue Ryder Cancer care

They’re aiming to raise £5000

As well as studying every day, learning how to save lives and even honing their skills on the pitch, the Cardiff Medics Rugby Club members are attempting to cycle two hundred miles from Ysbyty Gwynedd in Bangor to the University Hospital Wales, Cardiff in order to raise funds for Sue Ryder Cancer care.

Fifteen members of the club are partaking in the challenge, including club captain Cameron Watson. He told us that the club “put a huge emphasis on charitable work, and pride ourselves on raising money for worthy causes in the local community!

Jamie Plumb, a fourth year, will be one of the guys taking part in the cycle

Sue Ryder Care, are a charity that aims to help and care for those suffering from cancer in the form of neurological and hospice care. Sam Rozewicz, Charity Secretary for the team had said that the charity in the past had helped one of the family members of the players, and therefore this challenge will also be a personal affair for those involved.

Ed Green, fourth year, who plays prop for the team, had said that Sue Ryder care, “are an amazing source of support for those needing end of life care.”

The boys on their Three Peaks Challenge

The club has a history of raising funds for charity as ‘Two years ago, we raised £600 for Anthony Nolan taking on the 3 peaks challenge, and as a team, our runners raised £3500 in the Cardiff Half Marathon” Watson later said.

They will be attempting the challenge 28th to the 30th of July and can find their Just Giving page here.