This is where you can watch the Champions League Final in Cardiff

We promise it’s cheaper than buying tickets to the actual game

The Champions League final is Cardiff this weekend with the big match taking place at the National Stadium of Wales (Principality Stadium) on Saturday evening. Who wouldn’t want to watch the Final in person, at the Stadium? But let’s be real, we’re students and with tickets costing up to thousands of pounds, it’s just not going to happen. So here’s the next best thing – watching the game live, IN Cardiff… just somewhere else.

Koko’s

Situated on Miskin Street, Kokos has always been a popular student destination. There’s free entry and special offers such as 2 for 1 cocktails and 5 for 10 jaeger bombs. Since Gassy Jacks across the street won’t be showing the game, they expect to have a full house.

The Mackintosh

This hot spot for locals and students alike will be showing the game at 7:45 pm with their usual drinks and food menu. You can call them to book your tables in advance to avoid the crowds.

The Flora

The Flora are offering free entry, cocktails, food, and special drink offers. They will be showing the game on all of their TV’s and 2 large projector screens and recommend pre-booking tables by calling or emailing them.

The Taf

The Taf will be showing the game on their big screen with special offers such as up to 50% off drinks and food. The Woodville pub down the road will not be showing the game so expect a busy night at the Taf.

Talybont Social

If you live in Talybont, this will probably be the closest venue to you that will be showing the Champions League Final. As usual, they’ll have free entry and their full food and drinks menu. Just don’t forget your Taly Social loyalty card!

Walkabout

After their new makeover, this Australian-themed sports bar will be showing the game on their HD TV’s as well as their large projector screens. You can book booths and package options for the night which can include entry, queue jump, a booth, finger food buffet and a drinks hostess service.

Live Lounge

This popular student night out and live music venue will be showing the match on all of their screens with commentary.

Steinbeck & Shaw

This Greyfriars Road bar/club will be offering their usual happy hour deals – 50% off drinks between 5 pm and 10 pm and discounts on food. You can book a booth for this event or select from their choices of packages which include a booth, food, and drinks.

Tiger Tiger

This popular student night out destination will be offering guaranteed entry and queue jump tickets for £5. They recommend booking a table in advance as they expect large crowds. Packages are available which include a booth and drinks.

Prince of Wales

For all the spoons fans out there, The Prince of Wales pub will be offering its usual drinks and food menu. Unfortunately, they will not be taking bookings or offering special deals and entry will be first come, first served so get there early!

Bierkeller

Although this sports bar is a longer walk from Cathays than the rest of the venues, it’s one of the most popular. This bar, located right next to the Principality Stadium, will be showing the game on their TV’s and large LED screens. You can make an advanced booking on their website.

YouTube & BT VR App

Or if you prefer to stay at home, there’s always the option to watch the live stream for free on YouTube. Just grab a sack of cans and your best mates. However, if you have no mates the BT Virtual Reality app will give you a live 360° experience of the game for free with commentary and graphics plus you can choose your own camera angles.