Sick of the jam-packed libraries? Here are some of Cardiff’s best alternatives to work and revise at

See ya later ASSL

We’re balls deep in exam and deadline season at the moment, and although some lucky ones will have finished already and have no need for the poor libraries anymore, the rest will be all too familiar with the struggle that is trying to find a spot at your favourite library. Be it JP, ASSL,  Bute or any of the others, finding a coveted seat in one of these buildings is as impossible as it is to have a good night at Tiger Tiger.

Here’s where we come in; we at The Tab Cardiff have done our research and put together a little list of Cardiff’s best hidden gems.

Barker’s Tea Rooms

Set in the Arcades, Barker’s Tea Rooms is perfect to get some revision done. It’s cute and out of the way so isn’t always crammed. Find them at 8-13 High Street Arcade.

Fusion Students

The information point/shop for the new luxury student accommodation building “Eclipse” has free wifi, printers, drinks and comfy AF sofas and tables to work at in the upstairs part of their store. It’s dead stylish too, so makes for a good Insta. They’re situated at 99 Queen Street, next to where Lush used to be and opposite Easy Gym.

The Marriott Hotel

The Marriott’s lounge is great to get some work done in, there’s free wifi, a cafe and it’s near enough always empty. There are also meeting rooms to work in if you ask nicely.

Terra Nova Cafe, Roath

If you’re all about dem viewz then head to Roath’s lakeside cafe, Terra Nova. Not too far for most students, and a chance for you to rent a pedalo out on the lake if the workload gets too much.