Buffalo changed their legendary neon sign and people are losing it

Someone even started a petition

Squad photos will never be the same again, as Buffalo have changed their iconic neon “What the fuck” sign to “What the funk”.

To regular Bump & Grind goers, March 14th has become a day of mourning.

The Tab Cardiff went to Buffalo to investigate. One barman, James, explained the situation, saying an email from the police advised that the sign could be seen as partially responsible for fights inside and outside of Buffalo.

However, another member of staff said the reason for the change was simply a change in tone.

Whatever the real reason, students have been distraught. The Tab Cardiff spoke to Laura Britton, a first year History student who has created a petition to return the sign to its original form.

“Since starting at Cardiff Uni I went to Buffalo for Bump & Grind every single week for four months straight.”

“When the sign changed on the mournful day of the 14th march I felt compelled to act as the voice for the people regarding the tragedy that had unfolded. The What The Fuck sign was iconic to Bump & Grind. It epitomised a night at Buffalo.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR8yd7jFYXo/?taken-at=222602635&hl=en

“I don’t think I have ever woken up on a Tuesday morning and not thought to myself ‘what the fuck’ happened, but that was okay because I knew that subconsciously it was just the sign that I had seen the night before ingrained in my memory.”

“But now the sign says ‘what the funk’ and it has honestly changed the way in which I view buffalo. It feels so cheesy and corny as if it’s out of some teenage American drama and the lead footballer who thinks he’s ‘rad’ has come up with this pun to try and be PC.”

“The response I have received so far has only encouraged me to continue this fight and give people the justice they deserve.”