The Tab Cardiff needs you

You know you wanna

We are recruiting new writers to join our ever growing team.

In November our Cardiff site had more than 250,000 hits and, across the whole of the UK, we were read by more than three million people.

The Tab Cardiff write the about the things you care and want to read about.

Bevs in Revs

We don’t particularly care what’s going on in the football or with foreign policy but instead focus on local news that you’ll want to read.

We write about anything in the Cardiff student bubble, from drunken antics in Glam and what you’re wearing to lectures to out of control house parties in Talybont South or our favourite takeaways on Salisbury Road.

We’re the first to break the latest Park Place news, we’re usually controversial and always represent multiple voices on campus.

Fancy joining? No journalism experience is required, not even a desire to follow a Journalism career after uni. As long as you enjoy writing or being part of a team, that’s all that matters to us.

We also don’t have a preference when it comes to your degree – so whether you’re Journalism, Biosciences or Zoology, we want to hear from you.

Testimonials

“Writing for The Tab Cardiff has been a great hands-on experience for what a career in journalism looks like. It’s also landed me some work experience at The London Evening Standard working on the features desk, which wouldn’t have been possible without The Tab Cardiff.” Laura Barclay, Deputy Editor

“Who doesn’t love Tab socials, notoriety round campus and a weekly excuse to go to the pub?” – Lydia Baxter, News Editor

“Originally I wanted to write for The Tab Cardiff to gain some valuable writing and journalism experience, as it may be a job I would like to progress toward in the future. Although a bit daunting showing up to the first meeting on my own, everyone was so welcoming and I felt involved straight away. Discussing local news and gossip in Cardiff is way more fun than you think and the socials are always a laugh. Personally, I have developed my writing and editing skills in a chilled out environment, reporting on things that my friends actually want to read about.” – Shannen Bulley, Features Editor

Click here to sign up.

Email [email protected] if you want to know some more.