A Cardiff Uni librarian needs your help to find his missing pencil case

#HelpRhys

Cardiff University librarian Rhys Thomas has lost his pencil case somewhere on the Cathays campus.

The pen case has two pens in it and is of significant sentimental value to him.

He has put up posters all around university buildings in the hope of finding it.

Rhys’ posters

Talking to The Tab Rhys, said: “I really need to get it back, it has lots of sentimental value to me and I would love to be reunited with it, it really does mean a lot to me.”

Rhys, who works in Cardiff University’s Trevithick library, is offering a £15 reward for anyone who can return his beloved pencil case to him.

The pen case is made by Cross, the same brand used by Barack Obama, and one of the pens it contained was a present from his best friend.

The case is dark brown leather, which Rhys bought for himself after signing his first book deal five years ago.

The case and the two pens were the only things Rhys treated himself to when he received the money for publishing his first book.

So far Rhys has written two books, The Suicide Club and On The Third Day, both of which are available on Amazon.

He is currently working on a third novel – how will he finish it without his favourite pens and their case?

Rhys believes he lost the case and its contents around 20th October, in or around the John Percival building.

Only one person has contacted him asking for more details about the pencil case in the hope of finding it.

Rhys has been in contact with Uni security but the case has yet to be found.

If you can help or know any details about the whereabouts of Rhys’ pencil case please contact Rhys directly at [email protected].