I save myself a seat in the library, get over it

My stuff is there to let you all know that I’m coming back

I was in the library at 8.30am this morning. I had to wait outside for them to open the doors, and obviously it was bloody raining. I had completed a solid three hour stint before you’d even had your morning wank.  So frankly I deserve to own that seat for the rest of the day.

I own this shit

If I get here first thing, I automatically get pick of the seats, that’s just the way the world works. There are few better feelings than arriving and being greeted by the sight of an empty sea of desks ready for the taking. I can secure my favourite spot (the one where I wrote that really good essay once and am hoping it now holds mystical powers) and brand it mine for as long as I see fit.

Don’t scold me for wanting to step outside and grab a coffee, go for lunch or even potter home for a cheeky nap. Leaving my stuff means that I can take a break and know that when I’m ready to return to my work, I will still have the best seat in the house.

What are you going to do?

You can call me selfish but lets be honest, we all do it and have no regrets. If you ever manage to get yourself through the doors at the crack of dawn, then you’ll understand. But until then, thanks for playing.