Cardiff wins University of the Year

We also won three other prizes for our excellence

Cardiff University has been named University of the Year at the Business and Education Partnership Awards.

We also scooped up three additional awards for our research teams work alongside companies to produce products and organisations to further enhance our lives.

The judges claimed it was: “A great year for Cardiff University”, which they went on to recognize Cardiff’s contribution to the Welsh and UK economy, in which we contribute £2.7 billion a year.

We are amazing

The University’s work developing clinical wet wipes with GAMA Healthcare took the Research and Development Award.

Our partnership with technology company IQE to develop the Compound Semiconductor Centre won the Partnership Award.

And we also invented and developed a mattress which helps prevent heel pressure ulcers which won the New Product Award.

We won four awards including best university

Professor Hywel Thomas, Pro Vice-Chancellor of Research, Innovation and Engagement, said: “We are proud to receive these awards.

“They are not only testament to the talent of our researchers, they also show how our strategic approach to innovation and engagement is bringing social and economic benefits to Wales and beyond.

“We are creating a culture that powers invention, application and production. Driven by entrepreneurial students, our new £300m innovation campus will help turn research questions into ‘real world’ answers, transforming our work and driving economic growth.”