What is Cathays’ cheapest offie?

We’ve done the research so you don’t have to

Alcohol is firmly part of our naughty uni diet – it’s arguably as important as getting our 5-a-day.  Being on a tight loan budget means we’ve got to get the most for our money. It’s important to know where to find the bargain booze.

The contenders:

T&A Stores

Family Choice Bargains

Salisbury Store

Wine

This was a really close call. Individually, the cheapest bottle of wine offered at Family Choice Bargains was £4.49, but T&A offers a bottle of Pinot Grigio for an eye watering £2.99.

However, the winner for the cheapest wine goes to Salisbury Store. For just 4p less than T&A, they capture the budget white wine market at £2.95. What a bargain.

Sweet, sweet nectar

Wine lovers

Gin

T&A stores is the one for gin lovers.

A 70cl bottle of Gordon’s gin costs £14.49 in T&A, as opposed to £15.99 in Salisbury Store and £17.99 in Family Choice Bargains. Why would you go anywhere else?

Hooray for cheap gin

Vodka

In an unbelievable twist of fate it’s a tie between all three – it’s almost as if the company had set an RRP. A 70cl bottle of Smirnoff Vodka is offered at £13.79 each in all three offies. Not bad, not bad at all.

The more frugal amongst us can visit the Tesco Express on Cathays Terrace and buy Tesco Value for £10, but let’s pretend we’re fancy ballers and go for the brand.

Get your vod from wherever is nearest

Beer Drinkers

Family Choice Bargains makes a comeback here, selling Stella Artois in packs of 4 for £4.50, beating T&A’s spenny £5.49.

In Salisbury Store, they sell packs of 4 pint tinnies for £6. We’ve done the maths for you, and it isn’t cheaper.

Bottoms up

So, to make it all nice and simple for you:

WINE DRINKERS should shop at Salisbury Store.

GIN DRINKERS should shop at T&A Stores.

BEER DRINKERS should shop at Family Choice Bargains.

And if you have a penchant for voddy, you can justify being lazy and just go to whichever is nearest.