Bus firm forced to remove ‘ride me all day’ ads from all buses after huge backlash

They will be taken down in the next 24 hours

A blundering bus operator has been forced to remove an ad that read “ride me all day for £3” from all buses.

The posters, which features topless men and women holding up the sign, were plastered across Cardiff X1 buses – a route which began just this morning.

Enraged members of the public have threatened to boycott the route.

The New Adventure Travel company have now defended the campaign as “tongue in cheek” but have decided to remove all ads from the buses in the next 24 hours.

Bethan Dyer, 20, studying Business Management at Cardiff Uni told The Tab: “I’m glad to see the advertisement has been pulled already – it’s degrading and unacceptable.”

The New Adventure Travel released a statement that read: “Firstly we have stated that our objectives have been to make catching the bus attractive to the younger generation. We therefore developed an internal advertising campaign featuring males and females to hold boards to promote the cost of our daily tickets.

“The slogan of ‘ride me all day for £3’ whilst being a little tongue in cheek was in no way intended to cause offence to either men or women and, if the advert has done so then we apologise unreservedly. There has certainly been no intention to objectify either men or women.

“Given the volume of negativity received we have decided to remove the pictures from the back of the buses within the next twenty four hours.”

Cardiff City Council said: “This is private bus company. Cardiff Council has no involvement or control of their advertising.

“If anyone would like to make a complaint then they should contact the Advertising Standards Agency”