Thank you for licking me out

An ode to cunnilingus

Oral sex, going down, licking out, digging for truffles, whatever you call it, in some cultures it’s one of the most taboo sexual acts. Sadly, it’s often criminally neglected.

Girls can often be self-conscious about their hoo-has and sometimes even the most eager of boys don’t know what to do when confronted face-to-vagina – so they just skip it. A plague o’ both your houses, I say.

Can we eat out for breakfast lunch and dinner pls?

Frankly, if your partner is doing it right and treats you and your vagina like the princesses that you are, the self-consciousness literally melts away. Boys, don’t be afraid. Confidence is key and will make us want to thank you in every way possible. And you know what that means.

Someone somewhere once said “going down on a girl is like eating a really juicy peach that has just been bitten into. You have to wrap your mouth around it, suck and lick so the juices don’t go everywhere.” What I say is don’t be afraid of the juices. Juices are good.

Talking of juices, don’t expect her to taste like sweets. Vaginas are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get, and all vaginas smell and taste different. The same vagina will even taste different from day to day so expect sweet, salty, metallic, bitter, or neutral. Some gals taste better than others, but chances are your cum doesn’t taste like ice-cream either – get over it.

If she tastes like strawberries, if she doesn’t, tell her she tastes good- make noises. If she knows you’re enjoying it she’ll relax more and come easier. Here’s where the peach analogy ends – unless your girl likes being bitten… but likelihood is if you don’t like teeth down there, she wont either.

Genius

So let’s get it right shall we? If stuck, take a leaf out of The Monty Python’s “Meaning of life”. Oh foreplay. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. Foreplay will never hurt, will make her come quicker when you do get down to the tongue-vagina contact and will make her wetter than an otter’s pocket.

Otter +/- pocket

Digging for truffles

Avoid hard jabs, and lizard tongue: explore, lick, flick, rub, suck, kiss, spell out the title of your dissertation. Variation is nice but consistency is essential. Listen to her, pay attention to the sounds she makes and the way her body moves. When you’re doing something right…you will know about it. Keep doing it. And when you feel she’s close… keep going. There should soon be fireworks. If there aren’t, don’t beat yourself up about it. Obviously it’s the goal, but some people need to get used to the sensation. It still feels great, and she will still love you for it.

So, if you’re going to go down on a girl… commit to it. Get up in her business. Love to give it. Love to take it. Make it like Nike and “just do it”.

@imogenrosehart