Clever Cardiff named as 5th best Uni for research

We’re literally just behind Oxbridge

Cardiff Uni have scooped fifth place in this year’s research tables.

Swats at Cardiff now sit in the midst of Oxbridge and leading London universities in the tables, and have soared a whole 17 places since last year.

Cardiff Uni has risen from the 22nd place to the 5th place.

Ecstatic SU President Elliot Howells, told The Tab: “This is an incredible achievement for Cardiff University and I extend huge congratulations to everyone involved in it.

“The significance of this for both undergraduate and researching postgraduate students is huge; as well as receiving top quality teaching, we are part of world-leading research.

“Studying at a top five research university will add value to graduates for life! I’m extremely proud to not only be the Students’ Union President here at Cardiff but to have studied at such an ambitious, innovative and forward-thinking institution.”

Professor Colin Riordan, Vice-chancellor of Cardiff University told WalesOnline: “That’s really going to make people sit up and take notice and I’m extremely proud.

“We were aiming for the top 10 but we got into the top five.

“To be right next to Cambridge is a fantastic achievement that we honestly wouldn’t have expected.”