Debate over Blurred Lines ban comes to Cardiff

Following Edinburgh’s ban, will Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines continue to be played in Cardiff SU?

Cardiff SU has not ruled out banning Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines from student buildings.

Edinburgh University has the song from being played in any of its buildings in line with new policy to end ‘rape culture and lad banter’ on campus.

The song features topless women and lyrics such as ‘I’ll give you something big enough to tear your ass in two’ which has been labelled as sexist and a glorification of sexual violence.

Ladies man Thicke

The chart topper has divided opinion across the country and its controversial video outraged feminists. Three law students from New Zealand went one further and created a feminist parody called ‘Defined Lines’ which featured topless men doing household chores and was recently removed from YouTube for being ‘inappropriate’.

Doesn’t look ‘inappropriate’ to us

We asked Cardiff SU President Cari Davies whether the song would continue to be played in Cardiff’s student union buildings…

A positive step

Not to deter the man himself who recently posed for Treats! magazine with 5 completely naked models as the next move in his feminist angering campaign.

His wife is one lucky woman

According to celebrity gossip this shoot was suggested by his liberal wife and her friends.

Watch this space and listen to the debate continue at the Student Senate.