Cardiff Style Diaries #1

Beth Ridgewell is on the lookout for Cardiff’s best dressed!

For the past week I have been braving the bitterly cold streets of Cardiff, camera and notebook at the ready, in a bid to scout out the city’s undiscovered student style icons.

Working everything from monochrome separates to 90’s varsity jackets to laid-back luxe, Cardiff’s eclectic student population has got all of this season’s trends covered, proving that sub zero weather definitely does not mean zero style.

The most inspiring looks are the ones that you find normal people wearing out on the streets, so take note! It could be you featuring on our next installment of Cardiff Style Diaries!

Elinor, final year French and Spanish student

Elinor works pared-down chic by layering a classic parka on top of her dress – adding a grungy edge to a feminine look. Her dress is from Topshop, her boots are from Marks & Spencer and the necklace is from Ushi’s.

Victor, first year Business studies student

This season sees the varsity jacket  make a comeback. Reminiscent of The Breakfast Club’s Emilio Estevez’s iconic varsity jacket, Victor succeeds in adding a bit of prep to his urban look. His shoes are from Adidas (perhaps stating the obvious) and his beanie is from Zara, and if you want a similar jacket, avoid the high street shops and go vintage!

Jasmine, final year History student

Proving that you don’t need to spend a fortune to look stylish, Jasmine is rocking her charity shop boots and jumper – kudos to her. There’s a great range of charity shops on Albany Road, Roath! Her coat however, is from Urban Outfitters