Disgraceful

Yet more tales of mould and disgusting living standards from the students of Cardiff.

cardiff student letting cardiff university disgraceful living conditions mould mouse traps

Pressure builds on Cardiff’s letting agents on Facebook as students begin to speak out about their current living conditions.

All of this comes after Cardiff student Claire Fisher declared how CPS had failed to provide the service she expected from them. She uncovered the truth behind her mouldy home and spoke of the countless mouse traps needed to keep her home rid of infestation. Her Facebook wall post has gathered nearly 700 likes, proving that this is not an isolated case in Cardiff.

Adam Burgoyne, a Computer Science student at Cardiff Uni took to Facebook yesterday to publicise his current living conditions, warning future tenants of mould and disgusting bathroom facilities:

Mould everywhere – the luxury of student living

Adam has also contacted The Tab with yet more images of his rented property:

Adam’s living room wall…

Adam told The Tab “The mould was only the start of the problems we have had with CPS to be honest. Two of our bedrooms and the living room wall had to be re-plastered due to mould. This meant that two people couldn’t move in until 26th September and still had to pay the full rent. We did get a “little” compensation back but no way near an adequate amount, and the Landlord seemed confused as to why we had even asked for any.”

Yet more mould

Other students have requested their images be taken down from the CPS website as they do not wish to endorse their business.

Another student has contacted The Tab directly, telling a story of a mould ridden bathroom and a shower with mould infesting the entire ceiling.

If you feel strongly about this story and have images of your student accommodation that you feel is below standard, please email our editor: [email protected]