Cardiff Calendar Girls

Great girls. Great cause. Great bods.

So, Cardiff University has hit the national news this week, not for our academic results or even the fact that we have the cheapest pint in Britain, but for a group of girls who have stripped off in order to raise money for charity.

The girls

The Cardiff girls have bared all for The Brain Tumour Charity.

Amy Morfoot, who organised the calendar, told the Tab:

“Earlier this year my mother, Sarah Morfoot, was diagnosed with a grade 3 brain tumour which was devastating for my whole family. Since her diagnoses I have developed an understanding of the amazing work charities such as the Brain Tumour Charity does to combat, fight and raise awareness of such a horrendous disease.

My response has been to produce a charity naked calendar where I hope to raise £5,500 to donate to The Brain Tumour Charity.

The calendar was shot in two locations in Cardiff with six of my very understanding best friends on the grounds of the University rugby pitch (where the grounds men took a keen interest) and the Cardiff University gym. The shoot took a whole day where we had to fight the harsh Welsh elements giving us a gorgeous backdrop.

For every calendar I am asking for donations of £5 or above. Special thanks go to Morag MacDonald, our photographer from Documentary Image, the graphics department at FableTrading, Taylor Brothers printers in Bristol and my gorgeous girl friends for baring all.”

Let’s not forget why we’re here… to graduate

The limited print run of calendars is available to buy now at Pinnacle lettings in Cathays:

Pinnacle Lettings
Address: 3-5 Fanny Street, Cardiff, CF24 4EG
Phone: 029 2064 0200
Hours: Mon-Thurs 9am-6pm, Fri 9am-5.30pm, Sat 10am-5pm, Sun Closed.

Like their page on Facebook.

If you want to make a cheeky donation, here’s the Just Giving page.

AND get down to the Launch Party this Sunday (18th November) at Buffalo Bar  (11 Windsor Place, Cardiff CF10 3BY) from 8pm to show your support. All are welcome, and what’s not to love?

If you want to get in touch with Amy (not just to ask her and her friends out on a date), email her at: [email protected]

The festive season is upon us, so go out and buy one for your nan for Christmas, it should go down an absolute treat.