What to wear to ARCSOC 3000

Beep Boop!

ARCSOC is back with a rocket-fuelled BANG! Get ready for tinfoil and techno, as you enter our time machine Monday 17th for ARCSOC 3000. With the final drop of tickets on Wednesday the 13th at 3:00 pm.

For those not in the know, the Architecture Society presents the best and most eccentric of Cambridge clubbing, and the Year 3000 is no exception. 

Imagine what the distant future holds for fashion; place yourselves in the shoes of your future descendants. It’s time to dress out of this world; but not break the bank. With this guide, even your average NatSci can join us on Mars:

What does the year 3000 look like? Show us! Take inspiration from various different periods visions of what’s to come – or just make up your own.

Out of this world

Are we on a new planet? or is someone invading ours? It’s up to you – as long as its positively intergalactic! For those of you with some spare body paint and a steady hand this option is a sure fire way to alienate yourself from the crowd. 

Let those dance moves be robotic

Oil those joints – rewire those circuit boards – we welcome sexy cyborgs and tin men – get painting your cardboard box with arm holes! Visors, plastic, old computer screens – just make sure you don’t spill your drink! Beep beep boop! 

Join the space age!

In ‘69 we landed on the moon – and the space-age fashion here is a rocket worth reboarding! From beehives to helmet hair – take inspo from Pierre Cardin with bright colours and silver chrome. Use everything metal you can find in your kitchen, embrace colour blocking and stark geometries. Wear your grandmother’s 60’s frock with a fish bowl on your head. The possibilities are endless! 

Explore film references

Cinema darling – with so much to choose from! Back to the future, Tron, Space Odyssey, The Jetsons, Zenon, Barbarella, Metropolis just to name a few! Show off by referencing your favourite obscure soviet art-film or use this opportunity as a justification for wearing your Stanley Kubrick t-shirt to the club without looking like a knob-head. 

Post apocalypse

For all our pessimists – be prepared for derelict desert landscapes. Bring your best scrappy outfits and attitudes, roll an old t-shirt in mud or melt a piece of plastic onto it. The future might be full of Tetsuo: The iron man-esque human-plastic hybrids. Who knows what awaits?

Cyberdog

Click clack! What’s that? Why, it’s the sound of your finely curated assortment of plastic knick knacks hitting against your new pocket sized NOKIA. If you are a lover of all things 2003, why not channel your inner vinyl-clad, web-surfing cyber-doll? Headphones, hair-gel and knee high boots will, like, make you look totes awezum lolzzzzzzz

ARCSOC is the Cambridge University Architecture Society. The theme is vague; the night is young; the future is here. Be a part of it.