New ‘inclusive’ club night ‘Woo Wednesday’ to open at MASH Cambridge on 23 June

Managers of the event have said this will be ‘an inclusive night for everyone’, with ‘misfits welcome’

A new Cambridge club night called “Woo Wednesday” is opening on 23 June at MASH Cambridge, the old Cambridge Fez venue.

The club night will be “accepting”, according to a press release from the organisers. It added that it will be an “inclusive nice for everyone”, with “misfits welcome”.

Music will include “a combination of old and new hip-hop, R&B, funk, soul, disco, garage, and more”. The event will have a “diverse music policy”, playing artists such as Earth, Wind and Fire, The Weeknd, and Doja Cat. The club night’s music can be seen in more detail on their Spotify playlist.

The event will include surprises, appearances, giveaways, free pizza and doughnuts, and various drinks deals.

The club night is looking to hire “confident and unique individuals” who “love to be the life and soul of the party”. You can earn money “just by bringing your mates out to the club” or by sharing posts from Woo Wednesdays on social media.

Check out the Spotify playlist for the club night here (Image: Woo Cambridge)

Woo Wednesday will also have a birthday deal through which the birthday boy or girl can get free entry and a free T-shirt, as well as free pizza, birthday cake, and shots for their whole group.

The prices for the club night are as follows:

Entry prices

Guestlist (until 12am) – £4

Standard (until 1am) – £6

Standard (1am +) – £7

Tickets all night – £6 (early bird – £4)

Early bird group tickets (minimum 4 people) – £12

NUS discount (before 12am) – £5

Drink deals

Single vod mix – £2

Double vod mix – £3

Whitstable Bay lager – £2

J bomb – £2

“Vodka WOO WOO” – orange/cranberry/vodka

Birthday deals are available at the club night too (Image: Woo Cambridge)

This new club night follows the announcement in April that new independent nightclub MASH Cambridge would be opening in the old Cambridge Fez venue on 21 June. The permanent closure of Fez was announced in January, following the closure of another popular Cambridge nightclub, Cindies, in November. 

Doors for the event open at 10:30 pm, and the first event will be on 23 June. Tickets are available at www.woocambridge.co.uk, and you can follow them on Instagram and Facebook for more information. You can also contact them on 07522124589.

Cover image: Woo Cambridge