Prediction: This is what I think Cambridge clubbing will look like in June 2021

Social distancing in Cindies smoking area anyone?

I would love to think that after lockdown is over, we can all go back to clubbing. Like last year was just a bad dream. However, that probably won’t be true, and with the loss of Cindies and Fez, the Cambridge clubbing scene will never be the same again. So as we enter a new era of Cambridge clubbing, these are my predictions for what Cambridge nightlife is going to look like when the clubs do reopen.

Partying in style (Image Credit: Vivian Chin)

1. Since You’ve Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson

By June, there will be no Cindies and no Fez. Love them or hate them they are both Cambridge club icons. Where else will you stand in the freezing cold in the smoking area? Where else will we see our sweat condense on club walls? Hopefully, there will be new clubs next year in their places that we will all come to love. Or maybe Cindies management will change its mind? Maybe? Pleaseeee…

Smiling through the pain (Image Credits: Harriet Wadey)

2. New Rules by Dua Lipa

I cannot believe we used to stick our tongues down random people’s throats in clubs. Literally, what was with that? Why did we do that?

It would be inconceivable in our current COVID-19 climate. I predict that people (myself included) will think twice about it next year or maybe I’m just in denial.

(Image Credits: Jemma Starling)

3. Can’t Feel My Face by The Weekend/Cheap Thrills by Sia

I can’t be the only one whose alcohol tolerance has taken as much of a dive as my social life. That first week back clubbing is going to be a mix of low tolerance and over-excitedness.

It’s going to lead to some messy moments: throwing up in Lola’s bathroom, stumbling home wearing someone else’s shoes. You name it. It will be happening when clubs reopen. But hey, at least it will be cheaper to get drunk with all that spare rent money.

(Image Credits: Jemma Starling)

4. Livin’ On A Prayer by Bon Jovi

With low tolerance also comes early bedtimes. I don’t know about you but since lockdown, I get tired by 10 pm. I have a few drinks and I’m snoring. Not to mention all the people who have taken up early morning jogging in Lockdown 3 – could never be me.

I don’t know how we managed to stay out until 3…4…5am! I feel like people will be falling asleep on the dance floor in June and there will be a LOT of bailers. But I’m sure the good people of Cambridge Uni will rise to the challenge and it will be back to normal in no time.

Sleepy head (Image Credit: Vivian Chin)

5. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor by Arctic Monkeys

Above all, my best prediction for clubbing in June 2021 is that it’s going to be awesome.  Whether it’s Thursday Lolas, Sunday Life, Glitterbomb or some new club, we are going to have a great time. As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

(Image Credits: Jimmy Shixin Yu)

So there you have my clubbing predictions for when clubs reopen! I am hoping that some come true more than others, but we will just have to wait and see. I don’t know about you, but I am literally thinking of nothing else. See you on the dancefloor!

Feature Image Credits: Harriet Wadey

Related articles recommended by this author

•  Missing ADC cocktails? We made our own inspired by upcoming shows

Cambridge SU election results 2021: Meet your new SU team

EXCLUSIVE: Online exams and recorded lectures could be here to stay, Graham Virgo tells The Tab