Meet the Cambridge students going viral on TikTok

Going viral seems to be harder than getting a First and I am mad about it

After some pretty extensive research (which included sending a Crushbridge or two), I have uncovered the most popular Cambridge students on TikTok. As you can see in the cover picture, I may have struggled a bit (jokes aside though, that was a random man, not a Cambridge student, that replied. I am very confused). At least my hard work has paid off, because this list will instantly make your TikTok feed ten times cooler – you’re welcome!

@bilalbabyyy

A banana-centric account, Bilal makes lots of funny TikToks to help with that lockdown boredom. If, for whatever reason, you want to learn amusing-yet-questionable facts about bananas, you’ll definitely want to check @bilalbabyyy out. With 61.8k followers, you’re in for some quality (if I’m allowed to use that word to refer to TikTok) content.

Are other colleges allowed to eat bananas in the library? Am I missing out? (Picture Credits: @bilalbabyyy)

@shamem_

From travel vlogs to recipes, this account will definitely make your feed more interesting – her “I got into Cambridge!” TikTok went viral with 25.6k views. Adding her to your follower list will fondly remind you of those glorious days when we were encouraged to suffer in a Cambridge library – instead of suffering at home instead.

This is a big mood (Picture Credits: @shamem_)

@sisterleila4

Leila is the official Cambridge Storytime Queen™, making the lockdown more interesting for her 32.7k followers by telling us all about her childhood as a certified ‘demon child’. I laughed so hard watching these that I almost woke my sister up – so I’m not surprised they went viral. As we all know, TikTok must be consumed while buried under the covers in complete darkness at 4am, and don’t worry, this account is perfect for that.

@ollieztiktokz

If you are feeling nostalgic and want to binge-watch a lot of Cambridge-related content, Ollie’s account is definitely for you. He regularly puts out relatable and funny content and will definitely make your feed feel a bit more like home. (Shut up, I miss Cambridge too much).

Apparently there’s people who think Oxf*rd is better and I am proud of Ollie for showing them the facts (Picture Credits: @ollieztiktokz)

@nicoferreres

MML students will be very excited to know that Nico mainly makes content in Spanish: obsessively watching TikToks can now pass as revision. Thank me later.

Nico’s videos have become really popular, with one of them getting 732.4k views. That’s a LOT of views. This kid is going places – or, este chico va a llegar lejos. Wow, look at me being very Spanish. How am I not viral too?

@_farzana.haque_

Farzana’s account will definitely make you laugh and then ugly-cry when you realise how much you miss good ol’ Cam. Even though this account is still young, Farzana has managed to make two viral TikToks. One of them got 88.1k views! Honestly, goals.

I once made mashed potatoes in my gyp and that’s the classiest it got (Picture Credits: @_farzana.haque_)

@mojolamacarena

Mojola makes really thought-provoking content that you definitely shouldn’t miss out on. It’s the ideal account to follow for those interested in politics – and she’s also made some really funny TikToks too. It’s the perfect mix, and we love to see it tbh. Her TikTok about Michael Gove’s daughter went viral with 44.7k views! She told The Tab Cambridge she originally made it as a joke because she liked the audio, and obviously doesn’t have any animosity towards the girl. However, it unexpectedly started a huge debate in the comments section, with many people (including Mojola herself) raising really interesting points. Check it out!

Telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth (Picture Credits: @mojolamacarena)

Okay, now you can stop pretending that you don’t have a TikTok account and go stalking. Shhh, it’s okay, no one is going to find out how obsessed with this app you really are. Just don’t be suspicious, (don’t-don’t be suspicious).

Featured image credit: Marina Mateo