The Master of Trinity Hall has deleted his Twitter account

@trinhallmast ‘does not exist’

CN: This article contains mention of sexual harassment

The Twitter account belonging to the Master of Trinity Hall, The Revd Canon Dr Jeremy Morris, is no longer accessible at time of writing.

Image may contain: Text

The Twitter Account no longer exists

Trinity Hall has been in the news today after allegations of poor handling of sexual assault accusations have resurfaced and have gained national attention. Some of the allegations involved Dr Peter Hutchinson, who resigned from the college in November 2019. He is accused of almost a dozen sexual assaults as well as writing an erotic novel about Oxbridge students whilst working at Trinity Hall.

The master, The Revd Canon Dr Jeremy Morris, has held the post since 2014. He has been involved with the College since 2001 as Dean of Trinity Hall from 2001-2010.

He is embroiled in the scandal as, according to Tortoise, he was aware of sexual assault allegations towards the acting Senior Tutor, but chose to allow him to continue in the role. Moreover, he allowed the Senior Tutor to oversee an investigation of sexual assault allegation by a student.

From a cache of the account from the 10th February, the account appears to have had minimal followers, at 436.

Image may contain: Webpage, File, Text, Word, Human, Person

Recent tweets by the Master include:

"In London today for a symposium to celebrate the canonisation of John Henry Newman"

"Ready to meet @trinityhallcamb alumni in Singapore"

@trinhallmaster is referenced in numerous tweets by the College.

The university service Breaking the Silence includes advice on support and reporting for victims of sexual harassment, and this is the direct link for its anonymous reporting .

Trinity Hall has been contacted for comment.