Image may contain: Sticker, Trademark, Logo, Symbol, Word, Text, Label

RAG Blind Date: An A-Z guide for newbies!

Final countdown to RAG Blind Date 2020 – what are you waiting for?

With RAG Blind Date signup closing this Wednesday and less than 10 days till its commencement, here comes The Tab's comprehensive A-Z guide to the moistest event of Lent:

Agora: Good old Agora! If you haven’t been given a form yet, the quickest way is to pay via Agora, and a form will make its way to your pigeonhole. Oh and you can make retrospective bribes on Agora too, if that’s something of your taste: https://joinagora.com/events/27172/

Bribes: Fancy a date with a Blue? Really (not) want to date a mathmo? Keen to date a Trinity student to have a shot at its May Ball? For an added donation, you can bribe for a more specific date (and contribute to a great charitable cause)! Buy your bribe on agora to ensure maximum confidentiality.

Alternatively, Break up with your girlfriend/boyfriend, cause I’m bored.

Cheeky: Get inventive, let your sense of humour shine through on your form. (Soz I ran out of ideas for this one.)

Date Night!!!: Tell your friends from home, call your nan, CAUSE YOU’VE GOT A DATE! The date prescribed by your love doctors is Thursday the 13th, but contact your date and see what works best for both of you! Also please don’t repeat my mistake of getting a haircut on the same day.

Engagement: something you should avoid doing on a RAG Blind Date, unless you are that horny.

Image may contain: Hand, Silhouette

Friendship or romance? Your choice.

FRIENDSS: Are you coupled up? Watched too many RomComs over Xmas and now Love Actually has actually made you want anything other than love? Or simply have too many romantic options and would quite like a new friend to discuss them all with? Fear not, friend date forms are also available—a perfect way to meet someone you otherwise wouldn’t in the true city that never sleeps (24/7 libraries <333).

Good Date or a Good story? what’s really to lose?

How much?! You’re telling me I can go on a date for only £5? I’ll take 6 thank you.

I am so lonely—https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EEW-9NDM5k

Johns: Currently winning, please, I’d rather go to Oxford.

Image may contain: Human, Person, Church, Building, Architecture, Cathedral

With bold choices come greater rewards?

Kings Chapel: A bold first date location. You are a true Cantab.

Lola’s: Head down to Lola’s on the 13th with any RAG Blind Date form and secure £3 entry with £1 of that being donated to RAG!

Marriage: Apparently exactly one couple have married after meeting on a RAG Blind Date?

Numbers: Everything is data these days (consider a compsci then?). Did you know that so far, Downing has handed out over 100 forms with 9.9 per cent of people bribe; John’s is in first place for sales and one person has taken 9 forms?

One thousand four hundred (1,400!): How many of you have already signed up!

Pres: The perfect time to fill out your form? The perfect time to stalk your new found love (or friend interest)?

Queens’: This college went on the most RAG Blind Dates last year.

Reps: Your college reps should make themselves known to you via your JCR facebook pages. Drop them a message to get yourself a form and make sure to drop it back to them. They don’t bite (disclaimer: no promises). If contacting your rep is something you don’t want to do you can also buy your form through Agora!

Image may contain: Building, Cafeteria, Restaurant, Pedestrian, Person, Human

Mixed feelings about this place…

Spoons: That feeling you get when you walk into spoons to meet your date and spot the manager’s special of £1.99 for a curry and naan bread, it's quite frankly unparalleled.

Ten Thousand Pounds £££: The amount of money we are hoping to raise for charity.

U should do it: For the charitable cause and the greater good of humanity!

Valentine's: Has never been so exciting.

Writer’s Block: Us, this far down the alphabet, and you after rewriting what stimulates you for the 16180339 time.

e(X)tremely fun and 100 per cent worth it: So u should do it.

You should do it: Srsly.

ZZZ: This dating malarky is hard work, have a rest, you’ve earned it. Together if both of you are inclined.

Most importantly, guys and gals, it is time to put the work behind and have a fun time!

Emily Baker-Thurston and Tomos Wood also contributed to this article

Photo credits: Cambridge RAG, BBC, University of Cambridge