Image may contain: Outdoors, Villa, Plant, Grass, Building, Housing, House, Mansion, College, Person, Human

Wealthy and educated Girtonian classicist suffering from loneliness

Show your mummy some love

Not the Hermione you probably know, but maybe one you should.

Hermione Grammatike is a Classicist at Girton College, and very popular among the fellows. Dr Dorothy Thompson, a retired fellow, describes her as "wealthy and educated" and "a wonderful treasure". Sound like someone you'd like to meet? I promise she's not a catfish, but there's one small catch, and it's not just her out-of-the-city college.

Hermione is a 2,000 year-old Egyptian mummy.

A transfer from UCL in 1911, she's had a fair bit of experience with intermission as she's been at Girton for more than a hundred years. Despite this long period of time, sadly poor Hermione hasn't been able to build up a rapport with her fellow students. Dr Thompson hopes her loneliness can be eased with more visits from students, but fears this will be difficult as "many [students] aren't aware she's here."

Originally from Hawara, about 90 miles south of Cairo, Hermione was discovered by a famous Egyptologist, WM Flinders Petrie, in 1911 and brought to UCL. There, Girton academic Gwendolen Crewdson noticed her and – being the first Cambridge for women – it was decided Hermione would move to Girton.

Hermione was once a young female classics teacher from the Fayum city of Roman-era Egypt, thought to be the "earliest known woman professor of classics". Several primary school women teachers are known from Egypt during this period but, as a female teacher at a more advanced level, Hermione Grammmatike is unique.