Image may contain: Hospital, Clinic, Lab, Person, Human, Lab Coat, Coat, Clothing, Apparel
Breaking News

Boris Johnson is booed out of Addenbrooke’s during visit

The PM visited on the morning of the day he had promised to deliver Brexit

The Prime Minister received a hostile reception when leaving Addenbrooke's, with this video showing short footage of the Prime Minister being heckled as he left the hospital.

Boris Johnson left Addenbrooke’s Hospital at 1:30pm to continue his tour of the country, after meeting with patients and hospital staff.

He was booed out before an interview with current hospital trainee Julia Simons, who talks about her worry over the future of the NHS under Johnson’s leadership.

This visit comes just days after the announcement of a general election set for 12th December, and nearly two months after Johnson’s announcement that he would rather be "dead in a ditch" before he would ask the EU for an extension for the UK to finalise a Brexit deal.

Image may contain: Condo, Town, City, Road, Housing, Urban, Office Building, Asphalt, Tarmac, Building, Person, Human

The main body of Addenbrooke's

Addenbrooke’s is located on Hills Road, south of Cambridge, is run by the Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, and is tightly affiliated with the university.

Lauren, who works at the hospital, tweeted "this man is a moron if he expected more than boo’s from anyone".

Jeremy Caddick, the Green Party Candidate for Cambridge, described Johnson as unwelcome, and that "he plans to sell the NHS, the jewel in our national crown, to Trump’s America. We must stop him."

Image may contain: Page, Person, Human, Text

Mr Sollom, a Councillor who is the Lib Dem Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for South Cambridgeshire, was also critical of Johnson and his policies.

The booing comes amidst fears of rising medicine prices after Brexit increasing the strain on the NHS’ already tight budget, as well as closer links with Trump’s administration allowing greater US influence.

Despite these fears, the Evening Standard reports that Johnson holds a 17-point Opsos MORI poll lead ahead of Corbyn, whose indecisiveness on Brexit has seen his popularity fall substantially from the Glastonbury highs.

Number 10 has commented: "The NHS has been there for all of us. We’re investing more than ever before so it can provide world class care."

Cover photo @CUH_NHS instagram

(Article edited to correct hospital location)