Six smouldering summer makeup looks to make your holiday Instas POP
All the hottest makeup trends fresh from the catwalk
Spring is in the air, and with summer approaching fast, there's no better time to master the season's key looks, photographed by Becca Nichols.
1. Nothing says summer quite like blue eyeshadow! Start with a neutral base to correct discoloration and pack on blue eyeshadow to build desired colour intensity. Blend blend blend to get rid of any harsh edges!
2. Go big or go home with this look! Gems and sequins should be blended with complementary coloured eyeshadow. Aim for approximate symmetry but the effectiveness of this look is rooted in bright colours and bold placement!
3. A bit punky, a bit playful, this look unites three summer shades to make a statement. Top up a berry lip with clear gloss, blend a hot pink eyeshadow up to the brows with a fluffy brush and finish the look with electric blue mascara.
4. A new twist on a classic look! Draw a horizontal v shape at the edges of the eyes in black khol/gel pencil. Work with your face and eye shape in terms of placement and you'll be elongating and enlarging your eyes!
5. A soft, romantic take on Alice in Wonderland's Queen of Hearts! Mix peach and deeper pink blusher and apply in upwards motions to the cheeks and onto the forehead. Bring orange eyeshadow through the brows and blend into the pink. This look is especially good for bringing out the colours of blue or green eyes!
6. A vintage look reimagined for the summer 2019. Pair smudgy scarlet lips with foiled gold eyes (mix gold pigment with setting spray for maximum impact and staying power) and lashings of black mascara.
What is your favourite look? Send your recreations to [email protected]
Photography: Becca Nichols
Models: Anastasia Kolomiets, Ludo Amory, Alex Spencer, Khadija Tahir, Bella Biddle, Ellie Dunstone
With thanks to Cambridge University Botanic Gardens for allowing The Tab to conduct this photoshoot
You may also like
Ladies beware…save yourselves the heartache
The motion “[opposes] the decision to allow J4MB to hold an event on departmental university premises”
Cambridge grads Luke Naylor-Perrott and Jay Richardson on their new film exploring mental health at Cambridge university
We’re serving up looks to rival even the most glamorous celebrity red carpet
These get better and better every week