Image may contain: Paper, Brochure, Flyer, Poster, Advertisement, Person, Human

The Tab needs YOU!

Apply now to join our Marvel-ous team for Easter term 2019

Applications are now open to join the most read student newspaper in the country.

*Once described by Varsity as the "shitty iPhone photo brand".

With opportunities for your articles to go national, a friendly team, and a chance to try your hand at many different styles of writing, The Tab Cambridge is the place for you!

We have a bunch of positions open (see below) but remember that you do not have to be an editor to write for The Tab – everyone is welcome to join our writers' group if you just want to try it out.

We can promise: great socials, chilled meetings, lots of support, and loads of opportunities to progress. Apply now to rack up those CV points!

Positions Available

Features Editor

Classic Tab. The most-read section. Features are fun and light-hearted satires of Cambridge life. Home of 'Which X is your college', 'Best Bums', and the BNOC list – there's lots of freedom to make this section your own.

News Editor

Cambridge is an ever-changing place and it is really important to keep up with its goings on. From covering Reclaim the Night protests to the CUSU elections, this is a fast-paced and exciting section to lead.

News Reporter

Do you fancy yourself as a regular Fiona Bruce? This role will work closely with the news editor to keep an eye on all things Cambridge, and will need to be on the ball to make sure that they are written up as quickly as possible.

Tab TV Presenter and Tab TV Editor

Want to chat to Cantabs everywhere and capture the essence of Cambridge lifestyle on film? We want people both in front of and behind the camera, as well as graphic designers. A surefire path to BNOCdom, join The Tab TV team.

Social Media Editor

A new role putting you in charge of non-article content. Managing our Instagram (2,215 followers and rising fast), being on the hunt for memes curated for the Cambridge audience, and posting anything aesthetic from around Cambridge. There's a lot of room for you to grow our audience and stamp your mark on the Cambridge social media scene! (Being able to work software like Adobe would help, but 100% is not necessary).

Opinions Editor

Do you have an opinion on just about everything? Want to enable Cantabs to express themselves better? This is a place for freedom of thought – not only will you be writing your own opinions, you will be editing different views from all over Cambridge. From serious pieces about access to more light-hearted opinions on Cindies (R.I.P), this section has a wide scope.

Lifestyle and Fashion Editor

Got a keen eye for the latest trends and fads? Want to dish out some advice and celebrate the best dressed in Cambridge? In lifestyle and fashion you can collaborate with photographers and fashion events, as well as giving updates on the best places to date/work/eat/live.

Culture Editor

Shine a light on everything happening in Cambridge: theatre, music shows, art, films, speakers, literature, sports – anything you want! There's an emphasis on theatre reviews, but we are looking for a larger team to cover all the culture that lives outside the ADC too.

Interviews Editor

Release your inner Jeremy Paxman and interview the biggest speakers in Cambridge. This can be in the Union, or anyone else we can get our hands on. A great opportunity for networking – interviews are a chance to look beyond the Cambridge bubble.

Columnists

As a columnist, you will have the freedom to develop your thoughts in weekly instalments. We love having a range of columns, from sex to vegan, fresher naiveté to third year bitterness – the more original the better.

To apply:

Complete the application here!

We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you into our bright yellow team. If you have any questions, contact us at [email protected]

Applications close at MIDNIGHT on Wednesday 20th March!!!

Good luck and best wishes,

Edan and Sophie xoxo

Editors-in-chief, Easter 2019