Image may contain: Person, Human, Liquor, Bottle, Alcohol, Beverage, Drink

The best porn for women

Don’t let Lent get you down, here are some ways to cheer yourself up!

Regardless of the moralising against porn, it’s inevitably popular: over one million hours of porn was uploaded to Pornhub in 2018 alone. However, there is a (usually correct) perception that porn is made exclusively for the male gaze, featuring scenes which seem to be non-consensual, demeaning and lacking in diversity in the bodies depicted.

This doesn’t mean there isn’t porn for women (or anyone else who has problems with the ethical dilemmas of mainstream porn!), and increasingly porn is being made, for female and LGBT+ audience, taking into account the ethical problems mainstream porn has. All the sites listed below are transparent, emphasising that the performers are comfortable, consenting, and paid well. Whilst that means getting yourself off might come at a price, it’s often worth it, when considering that your money ensures that ethical porn becomes the norm.

Here are some of the best ethical, LGBT+ friendly, feminist, sex-positive and downright hot sites on the net for you to have some fun with:

AURAL HONEY

Best for: the beginner

The porn world can be frankly intimidating, with too much choice, too many taboos and too much stress. Audio porn could be a way to make having fun by yourself a lot easier, and is far less intimidating than watching an intense video. Don’t doubt that audio-only porn can’t be as good as videos, especially with Aural Honey, which has a range of scenarios to choose from. Audio porn is just as fun, and feels a little bit safer than going straight for the hardcore stuff.

ERIKA LUST

Best for: the ethically concerned

For individuals for whom the ethical dilemmas of porn are at the forefront of their mind when thinking about getting down and dirty, Erika Lust is the perfect filmmaker for you. Lust produces transparent, safe and sex-positive 'indie' porn on various platforms – and usually joining the mailing list gives you one free video!

MATH MAGAZINE

Best for: the artist

You like your porn artistic and visually stunning, yet most porn appears dirty, crude and not ‘aesthetic’. Erotica is therefore your best bet, focusing on the art as much as the sex. Publications like Math Magazine are just as good as any other artistic magazine, just a little more sexy. Even their ‘adult colouring book’ is sure to lead to some interesting experiences.

PINK LABEL TV

Best for: the experienced

You know what you like, but you just wish the misogynistic connotations of mainstream porn could be avoided. Pink Label TV is the perfect place for you. Hundreds of videos with genres ranging from ‘The Feminist Porn Gaze’ to ‘Edu-Porn’ to ‘Sexual Sci Fi’, it’s unlikely you won’t find your kink here. There’s no end to the experimental videos catering for the queer and female eye: it’s the sexiest blackhole in the known universe.

Image may contain: Human, Person, LCD Screen, Monitor, Display, Screen, Computer Hardware, Keyboard, Hardware, Computer Keyboard, Laptop, Pc, Computer, Electronics

The best set-up for any evening. Photo Credit: author

These are just some of the amazing range of erotic content the internet has to offer – and all are guaranteed a happy ending!

Cover Image by the author